Real Estate Roundup: Montrose And Museum Districts Are Hot Properties For Developers
It’s no secret that Montrose and the Museum District are hot neighborhoods when it comes to multi-family housing construction. According to Bisnow.com, the two districts have 14 communities “in the dirt” totaling 3,400 units, citing the region’s “vibrant, amenitized environment” as a major draw for developers.
Here’s a quick roundup of current projects underway in the neighborhood, courtesy of Bisnow.com:
1. The Susanne is moving on to Phase II after beginning move-ins to the first wave of finished apartments. The finished project will be a total of 396 units.
2. Axis, from JLB Partners, is currently rebuilding after a massive fire destroyed the under-construction complex last year. Located on W. Dallas, it’s estimated that move-ins will start around January of 2016.
3. An unnamed project at 3400 Montrose will replace the building that once held Scott Gertner’s SkyBar with 327 units ready for occupation around June of next year.
4. The Carter, on Chelsea between Travis and Montrose, will feature a covered dog park as one amenity for its 305 units. Move-ins to commence around late spring of 2016.
5. Encore CC&G is taking over The Place Apartments at 1341 Castle Court as of fall of this year with 211 units.