Business & Economic Development
Business & Economic Development Committee
Fourth Wednesday of the Month
11:30 a.m. – 5020 Montrose, 2nd floor lobby conference room of Prosperity Bank
Ben E. Brewer III
Programs and projects include:
- Plan and implement a vision for the District that makes the community a more walkable, cultural and stimulating place to work, live and play.
- Improve the District infrastructure by fully implementing a capital improvements program for the Montrose TIRZ.
- Launch new efforts to attract and retain small businesses and professionals in the District.
- Support the restaurant and retail business owners in the District by holding periodic workshops to address their opportunities and problems.
- Continue to host annual real estate forum luncheons which stimulate interest in the District on the part of property owners, investors, developers, brokers and businesses.
- Provide market data and other information to developers considering new capital projects or leasing space in newly developed facilities.
- Develop a strategic outreach plan for earned media and evaluate plan successes on an on-going basis.
- Strengthen and expand our Communications Plan to increase community and business engagement via our website and social media outlets.
- Continue direct outreach to businesses via visits from the Business Ambassador.
- Continue to promote and support cultural activities within the District.